Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We are Finally Done with FYP!!!


Feels weird deleting all the unwanted school files on my desktop right now. Feels happy too. Feels a little upset at the same time. Happy that the module has finally ended. All the hard work has finally reap. Upset that the reality hits me. Deleting means that your poly life is coming to the end journey too.

I have never thought that i would be this emotional when it comes to graduating. Today, my team mates and I finally ended our Final Year Project Presentation at NUS. We felt so relieved. In fact, everyone felt relieved. The 3 months of ‘blood’ and ‘sweat’ is coming to an end. All the research, sleepless nights, analyzing of data, meetings, consultations and stress of FYP are finally coming to a stop. This is it. WE ARE FINALLY DONE WITH FYP!!!!



We arrived at NUS early in the morning, 8.30am. Our group is the first to present. Our client is the Singapore Tourism Board. Last night, we spent close to 3 hours rehearsing our slides together. It was tiring but I enjoyed it. I like having team bonding. We were feeling nervous. We were discussing whether we should split ourselves into 3 – 3 or present it all together at one side. We got our script ready but we also memorized it too. In case we become really nervous and forget what we are supposed to say, we can refer to the script. Truth was that when we presented, there was almost no time to look at the script! We say it all out based on what we remembered. They said I did a good job, I said we all did a good job.

Then we had a lot of refreshments and the food was really delicious. LOL. I have to admit that it was really nice. There were Tiramisu, cheese cakes, fruits, sandwiches, rice, coffee and tea, egg prawns, chicken meat, and so many more! Haha.


Ok, back to the topic. All the presentations were finally finished at 4.15pm. We had another small refreshment before we went for debrief. That was the thing that hit me. I realized I actually do like the life in Poly. The lecturers were saying how much we have grown throughout these 3 years. Two of them taught us when we were in our first year. Time flies. Some of us felt emotional when we know that we are graduating soon and we will go have separate lifes.

For the guys, they will be ‘wearing green’.
For the girls, they will be either working or studying or getting married or all three of them.

Today is the last day of school. There are no more classes till we see one another during examinations.

Honestly, I feel that the time is really going too fast. It feels like I was just a fresh student yesterday in NP. Can you imagine how many projects and tests I’ve done? And going through OIP in Tianjin for 5 weeks? I remember the trip to Tianjin was a killer. I couldn’t find western food and all the local product brands annoyed me. I have also finished my internship last year. I spent half of 2012 working in the airport. There were many ups and downs. I discovered the ‘dark secrets’ what adults would say.

And back in school for the last semester after internship, we had our FYP and many other assignments. To be honest, FYP isn't that entirely tiring and stressful. To a certain extend, there are many things that need to be done. The scale of the project is much bigger and much more serious. And that is why we have our team members with us.

I am living comfortably these 3 years in Poly and now its all coming to an end very soon. Though I may not know everyone well, I will still say HI to you if I see you on the street. I cherish all the friendships made. Poly is really something meaningful. I have not regretted it.

2 more tests and 3 more major exams to go before I’m officially done with Polytechnic. Its already the end of January guys! I hope all of you have lived this first month of 2013 meaningful. Like what I mentioned in my previous post, I hope you have already planned for your future.

We shouldn’t live with regrets and now we are still young. Some of us are still 19 while some of us just turned 20. (I’M STILL 19 BTW!) The number ‘2’ hits me hard. It’s the time you take risks and make it happen. It’s also the time where we can handle these risks. If you wait till you are old, your level of risk taking will be much lower. If you have a great plan of the future, do it now before you regret. In a blink of an eye, 10 years will pass. And 10 years later if you are not at anywhere, you are just wasting those years. Now, before you regret, do something meaningful and good for the future. TIME FOR RISKS!

I want to be a little secretive this time. So I’m not telling you my plans yet. But all I can say is that I’m going to trade in the stock market real soon. If you (to those I told) have listened to me and buy CityDev when the price dropped tremendously, you would have been earning profits now. Not the time to sell yet. Wait for a better time.

Oh and for THBEV ..... 

(If you don't know what i'm talking about, you can skip to the bottom part because this is related to stock.) 

Our project team in the Stock Module did a great job! Despite the lecturer saying that we should buy when THBEV is below $0.40 and sell when its above $0.40, we recommended in the project that we should buy @ $0.45. Because at that time, the trading price was @ $0.45. We read the news, do the fundamental analysis and the technical analysis, we recommend to buy in the end. Actually we struggled with the recommendation part because we were not certain whether we should buy, sell or hold. But i told them, "Just buy lah. If THBEV won the bid, the price sure go up." and my friend was saying, "But THBEV is already trading at quite a high price liao... later drop then how?" Then when some of us decided not to buy, the rest decided to buy and vice versa. LOL. And we were struggling for more than an hour! 

(Thinking back about that day, it makes me laugh. We stayed till 8pm in the school. I was in school at day since 9am. 11 hours guys.)

Guess it needs luck too. We suggested to sell @ $0.49, predicting that it will raise to this price within a month. Surprisingly guess what??? Today, THBEV is trading @ $0.535!!! Oh gosh. That project was only submitted last week! Anw, we kinda crap in the report as well. The happy thing is that we gave the lecturer a right recommendation. 

Enough of stocks, i can sit on the computer and see the price going up and down every minute. But i can't be addicted too. 

So i was talking about graduating. The lecturer left us with a note "So i will see you guys during graduation day." I hope i won't cry that day. 

It is another phase of life. I hate it. But this is life. It makes me feel a little upset today. I really dislike changes. But we need to adapt to it. Society is changing every now and then. We have to keep up with it. It will just get more and more competitive. I hope to see many successful people coming from this course! Maybe some of us would become directors in hotels or in the aviation industry 10 years down the road. Maybe some of us would become successful entrepreneurs! Some of us would be happily married. And for me, I would be a HAPPY Tai Tai. LOL. Ok, just joking but which woman doesn't want to be happily married with a successful husband who cares and loves only you? On a serious note, i see myself becoming someone great one day too. 

Remember, don't regret, take a risk now before it gets too late.

 You have nothing to lose now.  


Update: Just got some new photos from my bro Fabian! 





No comments:

Post a Comment