Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quotes for this week

I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.


I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.


This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.


If he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs. “Busy” is another word for “asshole.” “Asshole” is another word for the guy you’re dating. You deserve a fcking phone call.


I'm about to make a wild, extreme and severe relationship rule: the word busy is a load of crap and is most often used by assholes. The word "busy" is the relationship Weapon of Mass Destruction. It seems like a good excuse, but in fact in every silo you uncover, all you're going to find is a man who didn't care enough to call. Remember men are never to busy to get what they want.


I think you still love me, but we can’t escape the fact that I’m not enough for you. I knew this was going to happen. So I’m not blaming you for falling in love with another woman. I’m not angry, either. I should be, but I’m not. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong.


It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted. It confuses you, because you think that your feelings were wrong and it makes you feel so small because it's so hard to keep it inside when you let it out and it doesn't coma back. You're left so alone that you can't explain. Damn, there's nothing like that, is there? I've been there and you have too. You're nodding your head.


via Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, guys need space as well. We aren't robots who cater to your every need and serve you girls hand and foot. We have a social life before we meet our girlfriends. And we plan to keep it even after we start dating. You saying guys being busy is a load of crap, is like us saying girls are materialistic. Don't lie to yourself, a guy can be he most handsome person in the world, but if he's dirt poor. You wouldn't give a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Previous comment is quite true actually. Relationships can be fragile and i also believe that no two living things were meant to be together forever; without having to struggle through tough times and having to be mutually accepting of each others' flaws that is. True love is trail and error, falling down but standing up to try again, faith that 'THIS GUY' is different and that HE is the ONE. Love is ultimately a high stakes gamble. You either win big or lose big. It matters only how you want to perceive the result. -cheers

    ReplyDelete