Thursday, October 17, 2013

What's your goal?

Hello everyone! If you didn't realise, its already October! I guess we can smell Christmas very soon. -which is my favourite season and i'm getting excited over what my bf will buy for me. LOL. 

What does it mean if Christmas is coming closer to us? It means a new year is gonna start really soon! I stop and think about what kind of meaningful things i've done the past 10 months. I think & think.... And guess what? NONE! I was feeling kinda upset about me being unable to achieve anything so far this year. What did i achieve the past 10 months? What did you achieve the past 10 months? 

Can you name a few? 

The sadness then turn into desperation because i wanna achieve something ASAP. It seems like i am wasting my life and my time away. I hate to waste things that can never come back. Oh wait! I thought of something that i've achieved. I got my car license this year! wahaha. But that's just about it, nothing else. Honestly, how many things can we achieve within a year right? If I wanna get a First Class Honour, I have to spend 2 years to achieve that isn't it? Damn... i think i just asked a stupid question. 

Ok the main point is. What are the goals in your life?! Where do you see yourself being in 10 years time? 

If you read my old posts, i talked about me wanting to be damn rich & etc etc... But after being through what i've been through these 2 years, i realised maybe lots of wealth isn't what i really want. Perhaps i just want a normal and happy life. But will i be satisfied? Don't everyone dreamt about being a millionaire? If you don't even take the first step to try, how will you know wad's happening next? 

Or maybe i've heard enough stories from the wealthy people telling us having lots of money isn't always good. To be successful, you have to be ruthless. To be successful, you have to sacrifice a lot of things. And these things could be your love, your friendship, your family... Sad to say if you ever sacrifice any of these things, they might never come back to you. 

So is it really worth it to be filthy rich? Maybe the kind of life that i want is not being filthy ass rich afterall but just more than enough to spend and be happy. 

I wasn't so tensed up about my future (though i always thought about what kind of career i would go to and earn how much a month) but the start of University is starting to make me face the harsh reality. What exactly do i want??? 

I think i dislike office job. I can't wake up early at 7am everyday and to know that i am gonna sit in the office for the whole damn day (again). The workload, the boss, the colleague... Things won't be that bad if you are working in a fun & helpful environment. But if things are just nasty... being stuck in the office with this nasty atmosphere is like HELL. 

2 kinds of job i thought about these 2 years:

Air Stewardess
So for almost a year I told myself that i wanna be an air stewardess! I wanna travel around, i get a high starting pay, job sounds damn fun. But u know what? Everyone thinks that this is the case. Well i have heard so much comments about this job it doesn't sound this fun anymore! Yeah i know i shouldnt be affected by what others say but they kinda make sense to me too. U get stuck for 2 years, u will be in overseas most of the time - making u miss your home! Well suck for you but you might be scheduled to fly during New Year/Christmas/Chinese New Year/Your Birthday/Your bf's birthday/Your parents' birthday etc etc.... 

And what if you start to hate this job??? You can't quit!!! Cuz if you quit, u have to pay a sum to compensate the company. So everyday, you come to work feeling grumpy and disgusted by it. 

Sigh... i can keep going on and on. 

So a few months back, i decided to give up on this career! LOL. (sounds damn easy for me to say) 

If only its a 1 year contract, i might give it a try man. 

I am really just not a person who can be with something for so long if i have never experience it. 

Stockbroker
I wanted to be a stockbroker before i enter University that's why i chose Banking & Finance. Turns out... i decided to quit this too! Firstly, you have to be almost 24/7 on your phone. Secondly, if your client runs away without paying the loss - YOU ARE DOOMED. Thirdly, its a bloody office work hour job!!! 

But i'm still very interested with all the money, investments and economic stuff. So i'm fine with this course. *Smiles* 

After thinking so much, i haven't come to a conclusion to what i really want. Perhaps i will be able to finally decide on one next year? I guess if i'm really passionate about something, even if its an office hour job, i will still be in love with it. 

AHHHHHHH I KNOW. The best job would be to be my boyfriend's wife!!! I don't have to work. I stay at home everyday and cook for him as and when i like (cause we're definitely getting a maid or at least a part time one) and the best part is - I get paid!!!!! hahahaha my allowance. 

Good job right? But provided i don't have to go through things like -adultery, womanizing, gambling addictions, drinking addictions, partying day and night and etc... Then that is really the perfect job. 

I can open a mini restaurant and cook private dishes to kill time. I can do my spas and etc. But in order to do that, my boyfriend has to be rich in the future la. I leave that to him. wahahahaha. He is a genius so i know he can make it. 

Alright, enough joke. But seriously, my future career is still a question mark for me. But for now, i will just focus on my academic and aim to get a First Class Honour Degree! 

So what is your goal? Are you wasting time just like me for the past 10 months too? If so, buck up and start working your way up right this minute!!!! You can do it. 

ciaos~


No comments:

Post a Comment