Sunday, March 27, 2016

JOSIE MARAN 100% Pure Argan Oil Light | Honest Thoughts


My skin type: Combination Oily (Dry lower cheek and oily nose and forehead)

I think i am ready to write my thoughts about this after using for about 3 weeks. I just can't wait to share this with you guys! You know i always give you my most honest opinion in every of my reviews. This is no exception. So one word to describe it all 'AWESOME' 

That day, i was at Sephora (again) doing my casual routine: check out new makeup and skincare products. I came to a section and spotted the word "OIL". Face oil products are becoming more and more popular these days. It claims its benefit and i've been wanting to try it out myself for a while. So needless to say, i picked the product up without second thought and gave myself a few drops on my hand. Blended them and i was very amazed by it. It feels so smooth!

The next day, i decided to buy it. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil. I'm bringing you home!!! 

Besides the weird smell of the product, everything else is amazing. This product can be applied onto your hair, nails and body. My focus is my face but i apply the excess on my hands treating it like a hand lotion as well. I bought the light version as i have combination oily skin. 

Initially i was quite skeptical about it. Although it feels great on my hand, it doesn't mean it will be great on my face. 

So....ok... This, literally, changes my whole perception on face oil products. It doesn't make your face look disgustingly oily at all! In fact, it blends into my face very quickly. Feels very light. When first applied, you may feel the "grease" but it is light. After awhile, that "greasy" feeling will be gone. If you touch your skin, you won't feel that your skin is oily. Although i have to admit that when i look at my fingers afterwards, i can see the grease. It is weird right? On my face i don't feel greasy but on my hand i can see the grease. 

I apply this mainly before i sleep. But really, if i'm putting on make up, i apply this argan oil as a base too. It works so well as a moisturiser before foundation!!! I used to apply moisturiser gel before foundation but i must say this oil works so much better than my moisturiser gel. It makes my foundation application so smooth too. 

I can feel my skin being more hydrated and my face (especially my nose and forehead) is definitely producing lesser oil when i wake up in the morning. Normally when i looked at myself in the mirror when i wake up, i will notice super yucky greasy forehead and nose. I've done my research on face oil products and it says that the oil will actually keep control of your natural oil production. So your face won't over produce oil. It is also rich in Vitamin E. 

This Argan Oil is paraben free, fragrance free and is organic. I'm a big sucker for organic products. Also, i always look for products that are paraben and fragrance free. 

However..... however... yes i'm going to talk about the cons now: i don't think this oil cures acne like what they have stated. Also curing of wrinkles? Not so. I don't have wrinkles now but i don't think it can cure wrinkles. To me, i only see this as a great moisturiser that can keep control of my natural oil production. And also a great foundation base. 

If you have dry skin, you may opt for the original one. If you have oily skin, opt for the light version. 

Final Thoughts:

Worth to buy or not: WORTH! 
Retail Price: S$24 for 15ml 
Where to buy: Sephora Sg 

No comments:

Post a Comment